RT @JHospMedicine: 📊 Traditional statistical approaches make assumptions about the underlying data. 🤖 Machine learning methods make no ass… Read More
RT @SchondelmeyerMD: @aap_hpeds @LSStarnes @renkate @ElisaMPhillips @AndreaHadleyMD @DrHillaryMD @Gabe_Tse @TheRealDSrini @WomenInPHM @comm… Read More
RT @cjrussellMD: @aap_hpeds @LSStarnes @renkate @ElisaMPhillips @AndreaHadleyMD @DrHillaryMD @Gabe_Tse @TheRealDSrini @WomenInPHM @communit… Read More
RT @StephDoupnikMD: #PHMChat: Let's talk about #mentalhealth boarding! We know it's more and more common: #PHM c… Read More
RT @chris_bonafide: There is no better cake for a group of pediatricians working together on a project called "The EMO Study." Order placed… Read More
RT @jmomdphd: 10/ To the faculty of @PRISNetwork, both past and present: the workshops, networking, and all around presence of this amazing… Read More
Processes at a Glance
PRĪS is a pediatric hospitalist research network. Hospitalists are physicians whose clinical practice is the care of hospitalized patients. Hospitalists are hospital-based physicians who want to ensure the system is delivering the highest quality of care for patients. The PRĪS Network has a vision to be the premier research network and continually define what best practice is and how it should be implemented.
- 96 sites completed the survey
- 41 (43%) are a Children’s hospital within a hospital
- 41 (43%) are a Free-standing children’s hospital
- 13 (14%) are a Community hospital with significant pediatric subspecialty services
- 91 sites have hospitalists that work with physician trainees
- 46 sites said they had satellite inpatient units or hospitals (e.g., additional sites under the same hospital umbrella where your hospital provides patient care)
- 46 sites said they had any affiliate hospitals (your hospital may have relationship with this hospital or some of your staff may provide care there)?
- 34 states and 2 Canadian Provinces represented
- Clinical FTEs average 20.5 (range 3-289)
- Pediatric Beds average 192 (range 4-737)
The mission of PRĪS is to improve the health of and healthcare delivery to hospitalized children and their families. This will be done by conducting large, multi-institutional studies in areas of inpatient pediatric care that are relevant to clinicians and the decisions they face when caring for children and their families in everyday clinical practice.